Do you suffer from Chronic Constipation?
- - - - - - - - - - - -
You should always consult with a health care provider first, as you may need certain diagnostic tests such as a colonoscopy and/or blood work.
In general these are things that I have found
to be helpful for a healthy bowel program:
- Drinking greater than 8 glasses (10-12 oz) water daily
- High fiber diet (25-30 grams of fiber daily). You can Google grams of fiber in foods.
- Eating greater than or equal to 6 fruits/veggies daily
- Drinking 1 scoop of Citrucil (less gas producing) or Metamucil daily, sugar free.
- In my experience with patients the drinking version works better than chewing tablets.
- Magnesium 250-400 mg daily. This vitamin stimulates peristalsis, or gut movement.
- Colace 100 mg daily, stool softener.
If doing things natural doesn’t help then there are medications that are approved for Chronic Constipation (i.e.. Linzess, Amitiza)
For Mor Information Call Active Family Today! 208.758.0560